What to expect before, during and after your visit.
Before your appointment:
- To ensure our cardiologists have all of the pertinent information regarding your medical history, we ask that you provide us with any previous medical records and/or test results before your appointment. These records can be faxed to our office. If you are seeking a second opinion, it is important that we have these records so you do not have to undergo unnecessary testing. For your convenience, we have developed a release form for you to complete and send to your other physicians to expedite this process.
- Please bring a list of your medications to your appointment. Include prescriptions, over-the-counter medications and herbal supplements. Please indicate dosage and frequency in which you take each medication.
- If you are a new patient, you will receive a new patient packet in the mail. This packet includes information about the cardiologist you will be seeing, directions to our office and our registration packet. If you take time to fill out this registration information prior to your visit, we can register you much more efficiently. If you are unsure how to answer a question, leave it blank and we can assist you when you arrive for your visit.
At your appointment/Check-in:
- Our registration process is designed to facilitate communication with you, your family, your physicians and your insurance company. Therefore, we will ask you for the registration information we mailed to you. If for some reason you did not receive the information, we will provide you with it upon your arrival. We will verify this information at every visit. Please assist us by having this information ready.
- We will ask for your insurance card(s) to make a copy as well as any co-pays or deductibles your insurance plan may require.
- Once you are registered, our clinical staff will escort you back to the treatment area where they will review your medications and ask you a few questions about your medical history. The cardiologist will see you shortly thereafter. Any follow-up testing or visits will be scheduled at the end of your visit.
After your visit/Follow-up:
- Your referring physician will receive the cardiologist's findings and recommendations. If our cardiologist recommended any testing, our office will contact you with the results.
- If you have additional questions after your visit, please call us. You will be connected with our clinical staff who can assist you.